Review: Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream

Hello! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
I'm Penelope and my first post and review will be on the Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream.


It comes packaged in a glass bottle with a spatula attached to the lid. Since I bought it a few months ago and use it almost daily, it's nearly empty as you can see. The sponge I ended up throwing away since it was difficult to wash the BB cream out of.


There are two shades: #1 Light Beige and #2 Natural Beige. I bought #1 since it's the lighter of the two and is also suited for those with yellow undertones. The texture is well, jelly-like. The difference between it and many other BB creams is that there is no stickiness to it and it's always feels cool on my skin. Originally it was more runny but since I left the bottle open from rushing to get ready, it's become clumpy and thick in the jar. However, that doesn't change how easy it is to spread on my face and I can still use my fingers to apply it. 


Now for some quick swatches:

Please note: my blue veins are more visible in real life but you can't really see them in these photos.


BB Cream just on the right, before blending and oxidizing.


Now I've blended all over my hand. I don't think you can tell, but my veins were a lot less visible.



The coverage is more sheer but it's buildable. I tried drawing on my hand with a permanent marker then applying the Aqua Petit Jelly over it, but it just mixed with the BB cream made my skin gray. (・_・ヾ

Packaging: Personally I love matte glass bottles, but I can see how it's inconvenient for other people because of the weight. The shape of the bottle is cute, too. 

Oil-Control: Usually it takes it about 2-7 hours for my face to start feeling greasy, but I have extremely oily skin. Eh, there could be more to be desired. 

Color: It leaves a very obvious white cast on my face if I don't watch how much I apply, but it oxidizes well. It has a matte finish and is natural looking. 

Price: It's only around $10 in Korea and I believe I bought mine for $13-14. This is a really good price imo since you only need a bit each time because of how well it spreads.

Cons: It smells like plastic and artificially flowery. It's less noticeable once you apply it, but because before that I used Tony Moly's Aqua Aura Moisture, I couldn't stand it. There is also the low SPF of 20, which I compensate for by applying sun screen underneath, but still. 

Overall: 9/10.
It's my favorite BB cream and I'm definitely planning to buy it again. (❁´◡`❁)*✲゚*

No comments:

Post a Comment